So all of a sudden it looks like Summer is over and Autumn is here with a vengeance. The nights are getting darker earlier and the mornings are getting colder; the shorts have been packed away and the tans are fading.
If I am totally honest-I don’t like Autumn! Facebook is full of posts going on about Halloween, Autumn clothes and beautiful colours. However, for me it just reminds me of what is around the corner, Winter! Yeah I love Christmas, absolutely love it, but I don’t like the cold and dark. Also, working in education September is HARD..
Anyway, enough negativity, I am not creating this blog to moan, quite the opposite in fact. I am all about embracing positivity. Here are a few things I am doing or have done to learn to love Autumn:
- Enrolled on a college course: I am a firm believer in constantly updating your learning. Being a massage and beauty therapist this is especially important as I want to be able to offer more and more treatments to my clients. Therefore I am doing a level three nail qualification. More than that though, it gives me something to look forward to in the evening once a week plus a break from the mundanity of the evening and bed time routine with the kids-if you are a mum you must be familirar with it-that time between coming in from school and bedtime. In summer it’s not so bad because you can go in the garden or to the park but mid week when its wet and cold it’s like ‘er what do we do’. So even if you aren’t looking to change careers or in need of professional development, consider doing a leisure course. You never know where it might take you.
- Setting fitness goals: I admit, the last few months I have been busy getting my business going and spending weekends at my parent’s caravan so my fitness and gym routine has all but disappeared. However, I know how much exercising improves my state of mind and the posivitity I gain from reaching fitness goals transfers to other aspects of my life too.
- Getting jobs done on the house: Ok so one advantage of the cold dark nights is no longer feeling compelled to be outside as much as possible. Therefore I can spend time doing all the things which need doing around the house-a huge on being decorating the hallway which has been an ongoing project since May 2015. Seriously.
- Making a vision board: If you have never heard of vision boards google it. It’s something I am involving the children in too but works on the premise that what you believe you have and what you ask of the universe you receive in abundance. Working in education, Septemeber feels like the start of a new year so perfect time to set goals.
- Reading/listening to audios: I do a mix of both these really. Audios are great for listening to at night and also in the car (obviously in the car you wouldn’t listen to anything which would make you feel sleepy). With audios I like to listen to personal development stuff (I prefer that term to self help). I absolutely love The Secret. In terms of reading I love a books which are a bit psychological but are still easy to read.
Do you love Autumn? What are you doing to make the last few months of the year fabulous for you xxx