As I mentioned in my previous post, I have been thinking about goals for the coming year. While I fully believe we can make resolutions to change aspects of ourselves or lives at anyone time; not just the start of a new year I think sometimes we kind of put stuff on hold over the festive season so we need that boot up the backside of the start of a new year.
AnywayI wanted to share what I have done as part of my goal setting and quest to self improvement. It’s something I heard about on Facebook from a lady who has been very successful with her Arbonne business. It relates to every aspect of life not just business or work.
You may be familiar with this method particularly if you have worked in the health sector, education or social work. It was totally new to me though.
Basically it involves the following:
1. Draw a large circle and divide it in half, then quarters, then Eighths and so on with lines.
2. In each segment write an area of your life which is significant to you (e.g. Kids, work, diet, home, love)
3. Now along each line below where you have written your area write numbers one to 10
4. The next step is to rate on a scale of one to ten where you see yourself on each aspect.
5. Now take a journal and write in it why you have given yourself that number and also WHAT you need to do to move forward one point by this time next month (just one point even if you have a low rating for that area).
6. At the end of each month review each area and whether you feel you can move forward a point and once again write down what needs to be done to move forward another point next month.
It does take some time if you do it properly (it took me about an hour and a half) but if you are totally committed to self improvement it’s such a valuable exercise.